Tuesday, March 6, 2012

chicken nuggets

Chicken nuggets, or "chick nugs" are one of my favorite things to make.  I found a chicken nugget recipe awhile back and was recently asked to share the recipe with my bosses wife.  Ah, pressure. Anyway I went to type it up and realized that I had completely misread the recipe.  Trying to impress my bosses wife, I sent her the original recipe.  I made the recipe that night according to the actual directions and was shocked at how different they turned out.  They were dry and not at all like the nugs I had made countless times before.  I jumped back on the computer and sent her my version.

She emailed me a few days later saying her daughter was a very picky eater (she is 14) and that she ate seconds of these little golden nugs.  She absolutely loved them.

Moral of this post, I will be confident in my recipes, and will continue to put my spin on things...intended or not.




14-16 oz (2 large) boneless chicken breast
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons panko
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Trim fat from chicken breast and cut breasts into bite size pieces.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Set aside.

Prepare a cookie sheet with the olive oil spray.

Combine breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a large bowl.  Generously bread a few pieces of chicken breast at a time in the dry mixture.  Place the chicken breast on the cookie sheet and spray the top of the chicken nuggets with the olive spray.

Cook for 8 minutes, flip the chicken nuggets, and continue cooking for another 10-12 minutes.

Serve with criss-cut fries or steamed spinach.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment